Thursday, November 05, 2009

THE BEST TIMES ARE RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE!


Sunday afternoon was well spent. First, there was the company, then there was the places.

First, Toots II, Lois, from the Wannabe Bank and Truss Company, and Pat the Princess of Foxwoods Points, also from the Wannabe Bank and Truss Company and her husband Bill, along with TLW (The Little Woman) and me, all went to see: ‘Lend Me A Tenor,’ a hilarious play done at a local playhouse in Bohemia called: “Airport Playhouse.’

Now before I go any further, this message is to Pat: [I went right after TLW when I got home.]

Now that that is out of the way.

We went to the Airport Diner afterward, (Where else?) and had a great time laughing and busting my chops once again. Bill is my understudy for corn humor, and fills the gaps for me. He is using some old stuff right now, but I know he is perfecting the good stuff for later.

TLW helped Pat drive from her vantage point in the back seat, while Lois and I silently prayed for some bumper-to-bumper traffic. Not that Pat is a bad driver, no, on the contrary, the hair pin turns and chicken lessons we learned form her on the open road were refreshing, to say the least. For some reason, Bill drove us home!

At the diner, TLW asked what I was having, so I told her the ‘char-broiled’ rib eye. Everyone ordered the roast beef on a chala of some kind, and I ordered a roast beef dip. Of course, this amazed the group since I had made a change of mind, and had to order a Jack Daniels Manhattan as punishment. I took it well!

When I ordered the drink, I had previously relayed the fact that the barber had charged me full price for a hair cut the day before instead of the senior citizen rate, AND the waitress asked for proof! What I liked was that no one in the party was surprised. I guess I have a baby face! It goes with my boyish frame.

No comments: