Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I REMEMBER IT LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY


In fact, it WAS yesterday!

As I write this, I am sipping a Jack Daniels Manhattan. I do that to celebrate the fact that I did a good thing! You ask: “What did you do?” Oh, you didn’t? Well, I’ll tell you anyhow.

I am helping to organize a 45th reunion for my high school class, the Class of ’64.

Yesterday I wondered: “What the hell I got myself into?” Today, after meeting with my classmates, I get giddy that I’m doing it with their help. Some great people are on the committee. There is Pam, the secretary to the group, recording names and addresses, finding people, and just a wonderful gal to have helping. She has a great disposition and makes me laugh. There is Judy, one of the sweetest people I know, never ever changing her disposition in all of the almost 50 years I know her. She is like a sister that you love for who she is. There is Aggie, a sweet lady that shares her life with an adopted son, and from my remembrance of her, a person who is not only honest, but also kind and sweet. I have to mention Pat, a lady that brings enthusiasm and works hard, who has joined us for the first time.But the thing about all of them is they are competent beings that will make for a successful reunion.

It is really a shame that I never took stock of these wonderful people before. It took a reunion to realize just how wonderful they all are. It is funny how you go through high school, and never appreciate just how good things and people are. For that I am truly sorry. I hope they realize I see it now.

To all the committee, Thanks, I feel confident with you guys standing there.

No comments: