Saturday, November 14, 2009

THE SISTERHOOD (OF EASTWICK)



Before I begin: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MFF (My Favorite Fan). I hope you stay young forever!

They descended upon my humble abode, like locus; swarming if you will, ready to make comment.

Coming down to greet each, as is wise, (we don’t want to alienate three of them!) I paid my respects and tried a hasty retreat in each case. But oh, it was not to be.

They had gathered, or rather amassed shall we say: perched ready to hound me down, and one in particular had fire in her eyes? This would not be pretty.

My crime? I described her driving in my blogue. But the sisterhood would defend her, and I would die if I did not give them the clues to answering in the comment box.

Under great trepidation, I struggled with the laptop, my hands shaking at the prospects of the heavens opening and the ground below me swallowing me into its depths. The gloom was thick; I could almost cut it with one of their sharp tongues, as DelBloggolo suddenly appeared on the computer. Frightened, I rushed through the procedure of the comment.

Pat, The Princess of Foxwoods Points explained: “I had to respond to your describing my driving as playing chicken and hair pin turns, after all, I was practicing for the Indianapolis 500!”

And here I thought it was the demolition derby!

With that, the sisterhood departed to shop.

No comments: