Saturday, November 28, 2009

YESTERDAY I RANTED

Today, I will give you a gift. It comes from my sister MaryAnn, the flight attendant, and grandmother of Al.

You have heard the term: “Take time to smell the roses.” Well, baby-sister sent me this beautiful rendition of “Il Silenzio” known as taps to you folks and until I got it, to me too. (That’s why I read DelBloggolo, because I’m always learning something, and it’s good for strong bones and healthy teeth!)

The fact that “Il Silenzio” sounds so beautiful is because this beautiful person took the time to make it so. She practiced on that first day ever when she picked up the instrument, and perfected her ability. Long hours and endless practices later, after broken notes and frustrations galore, I’m sure, she then rewards the world for its appreciation of what does matter. (I would pay that talent millions to hear, for her ability and dedication to making us all happy.)

I bet she has mastered her language as well as her art, not like the yokels who make millions a year to throw a football, or hit a baseball!

But you are all out there, working hard, and mastering your arts. You go unheralded, and maybe unappreciated. You work for your families, strive to make lives better, and do the right thing. I have people in my family I am proud of. I would pay millions to just talk to. There are dedicated board members that do wonders and go unnoticed! There is my wife, TLW (The Little Woman), who worries about her children, my sisters and sister-in-laws, all caring loving women, who have achieved perfection and do the right thing. They also teach the right things, by quiet example, as do their husbands and children, who will pass on the baton. You already know how I feel about the parents of children with disabilities. They are my heroes.

‘Il silenzio’ as you know is Italian for ‘The silent’, those that have fallen in combat, or who have died. It could also mean those that are silent, but work as heroes. Maybe that means you, too. Sit back and listen to it, and think about it.

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

I had heard this remarkable young woman perform before, but I think your words added so much meaning to the music and the heroes it honors. Thanks for "the gift".

Anonymous said...

Joe I have so much catching up to do with your blog. Spin is in Yoville & Farmville 24/7 so I rarely get computer time at home! With todays' blog I was mesmerized with a tears in my eyes. Love ya, hope you & TLW had a good Thanksgiving. Hugs!


Jan/PCH