Wednesday, December 16, 2009

IN MY DREAMS


There are few dreams I can remember, but when I do, they are unique and maybe telling.

Every year at this time, I am asked to play Santa, as you know by now. This year is a little different, in that I get to play Santa twice. Once as I usually do, at a dance for people with developmental disabilities, and now, for the first time, at one of their homes! Fran, a fellow board member, who originally got me started, asked me if I would play Santa at her daughter’s home, and I agreed.

Once after a heart by-pass, I completely forgot to play Santa, and I felt very bad about it. Now I keep reminding myself about the scheduled date. This year, with two dates scheduled in the same week, I am constantly thinking about.

Last evening, I had a dream. The dream was about my playing Santa. In the dream, I arrive at this location where I’m supposed to be for the picture taking with Santa. I notice Fran leaving, and I see her and ask: “Fran, is today the day I’m supposed to play Santa?”
Fran passes me, her eyes raised heavenward, and her head shaking ‘no’, as if
disappointed.

As I enter the area where the people are getting their picture taken, one is sitting, and next to him is a lady holding up a sign that reads: “SANTA”!

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Joe, Better start breaking the pills in half.