Tuesday, December 01, 2009

THANKSGIVING DAY, 2009


And the best yet!

First of all, I am thankful for such a wonderful family! My wife and kids mean a great deal to me, and I missed one of them, even though he didn’t have time to talk to his old man on Thanksgiving Day! But the other two certainly made up for the one missing, and made the day perfect!

Then of course there was my mom and four lovely sisters. Each was there and with spouses and kids making for a great family gathering. My beautiful niece Laurie and her husband Gerard once again offered their home for the gathering, and did a lot of the cooking, along with Tessie, my much older sister. The food was fantastic, and the Italian stuffing was superb. (If anyone wants the recipe, send a self-stamped e-mail with the words “Stuff me” in the subject box. Send it to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com



It also happened to be Sean O’Hara’s birthday. (See funky hatted kid) The handsome son of Laurie and Gerard got the happy birthday treatment, with cake and whatnots. My nephew John Arm Bogdan was ill, and unfortunately: I missed his musings, and I hope he is feeling better.

Then there was the star of the day, my great nephew Al! Al was his usual handsome self, outfitted with hat and booties. Al is the newest member of the family, having arrived on 9/9/09, which happens to be his great grandfather’s birthday (My Dad’s)!

There was three turkeys there, one deep-fried, one baked, and one typing this.

So we prepare for Christmas Eve, the high holy day of Italian cooking. A day of reverence, a day of laughter, drink and the seven fish dinner, plus for most of us attending usually puts a cap to the year on a festive mood.

No comments: