Wednesday, January 20, 2010

THE “WHY DON’T THEY” PLAN

Some of the planners and thinkers in this world need to get in touch with #2 Son (Mike) in a hurry! So much time and energy, not to mention money will be expended by just listening to him.

Yesterday he sat down during the Jets football game and made his announcement: “Why don’t they green everything? Make it a law that we have to green everything!”

Me: “What do you mean, like painting the town red?”
#2: “Heh heh, no, you know make everything environmentally speaking, greened.”

I often wonder who “they” is, and since there was only he and I in the room, the “they” he speaks of is a mystery. My bigger question is: When “they” is done, who (or is that whom?) will pay for it all? I’ve notice this trend going on for a while, where he and the politicians spend my money, on their ideas, and I just watch it get spent.

Why don’t they come up with some ingenious ideas that don’t cost me money? Oh, I don’t know, maybe something like cutting expenses, maybe their salaries, or as ‘real’ public servants, do it for nothing! One may wonder: “How would they eat if they do things for nothing?” Good question, but I assure you they would still be doing better than me without a salary! Let’s face it, they raise a campaign fund, use it and what is left is usually used for defending themselves in a court of law. Usually, a court of law is where if I may quote them: “I am looking forward to my day in court, where I will be fully exonerated!” That last sentence comes from Politician Etiquette 101.

#2 Son has a bright future. His ideas are well meaning, and someday will be very practical. (He is a smart kid!) As for all the politicians, they future is usually clouded, and most probably don’t want us to know what they did to get where they are, until their day in court.

No comments: