Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WISH I HAD THOUGHT OF THAT!


As we entered the house Sunday morning, returning from our ritual of Mass and breakfast, TLW (The Little Woman) made an announcement: “I’m turning the heat up slightly, it is too cold outside.” Indeed the cold was overtaking our lives, and everything seemed to hinge on the cold outside.

Now at this point I have to ask: have you ever seen something in use for the first time and wished you had thought of it first?

Back to the conversation.

Me: “Well, there are things such as sweaters.”
TLW: “I don’t have a NOSE sweater!”

Yes, a light lit up in my head! I could envision TLW in a nose sweater! What a great idea. You’ve seen those blankets they sell on TV with the sleeves? Well, how about the blanket AND the TLW Nose Sweater?

I could get a little airtime on some obscure cable channel, like SNY and sell it.

For a limited time only! Just $19.95! THE TLW NOSE SWEATER! No more turning up the thermostat, no more breathing into you shirt to keep the old proboscis warm. The TLW Nose Sweater comes in blue, green and brown to match your eyes! It also comes in grey to match the inventor’s hair, what is left of it! Call NOW, and we will include free of charge a heating pad for your toes! But you must act now.

Well, I better start thinking about what I will do with all the money I will make selling the TLW Nose Sweater. Maybe I’ll use some of it to pay my way out of the suit SNY will have on me for the cost of the airtime.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think DK would agree that the "toes heating blanket" would be a great add on since I freeze him out with my "foot fingers" on a daily basis at this time of year when we "hit the hay"....Corinne

Jim Pantaleno said...

In the annals of great inventions, the nose sweater ranks right up there up there with electricity. Brilliant idea. Please send assorted colors in size 3X.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim, Did you mean to write annals or anals It's right up there with the perennial "CLAPPER" AND "CHIA PET".

SS-I-L

Anonymous said...

OOPS!! I forgot to add a question mark in my previous comment.

Laura ESL Teacher said...

We'll take 3! My nose is always freezing!

Jim Pantaleno said...

I think I meant 'annals', but then again I've been told I don't know my ass from my elbow.