Monday, February 15, 2010



If you haven’t heard about it yet, I’ll let you know here and now-
#1 Son (Anthony) has popped the big question! Asking the lovely Courtney Hyde for her hand in marriage, they are officially: ‘Engaged.’

If you know me, you know how happy this makes me. If you know Courtney, you know how happy this is going to really make me!
Let me explain.




We met Courtney for the first time back in June, when she came with #1 Son out east for a wedding. Let me tell you, TLW (The Little Woman) and I were really impressed. She is as you will see a beautiful woman. She is not bad looking either. Who we met was a very intelligent, yet sweet person, with all the dignity and class one would want.

Now that this is happening, TLW and me can look forward to opening a place in our home, hearts and souls where she will reside forever as one of our own children. I look forward to spoiling her, no matter what #1 Son thinks.

Courtney, #1 is very picky, we waited a long time for you to show up, and bring some happiness to this sometimes sad and dreary world. For him to ask you, you are indeed special, and we will always be mindful of that. Unfortunately, you have to put up with me once in a great while, I only hope you will be smiling all that time.




The little sketch was #1 Son's attempt at a visual to help his plea.

WELCOME to the family, Courtney, and congratulations to Courtney and Anthony!

7 comments:

Fran said...

Congratulations Anthony and Courtney! Welcome to our crazy family, Courtney!! We couldn't be happier for you Anthony! Enjoy this wonderful time in your life. Can't wait to meet Courtney.
Lots of love,
Aunt Fran and Uncle Tom

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ellen and Joe thats Great! I'm sure you will spoil her.
Carol

Anonymous said...

woooohoooo
Love from,
A & D Manning

Anonymous said...

My future Father-in-Law,

What a wonderful post! Anthony's first words to me today were, "have you seen DelBloggolo?"

I feel honored to become part of your family. Anthony and I are still trying to figure out dates and locations. Rest assured it will be somewhere back East.

This planning looks to be a bit challenging: flowers, dresses, tuxes... But I'm really looking forward to the days AFTER the wedding. If you and Ellen are any indication, I know my ever-after will be spent happily.

Love,

Courtney

Theresa said...

Congratulations, Anthony and Courtney!!!! Such great news, we are all so excited and happy for the both of you. We cannot wait to meet you Courtney, Anthony has such good taste. We already have our dancing shoes for the big day! Love,
Aunt Theresa and Uncle John

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe and Ellen, Congrats to you....it's so wonderful when your children get married...How lucky for them to have you!! Corinne & Douglas

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news! #1 son has done great! Anthony looks like he picked a very beautiful and special woman (ok, he's cute too!). We know you'll keep us posted on all the happenings! Hugs!



-jan/PCH