Wednesday, February 17, 2010

IT WAS NASTY!


No, not my singing, but the recent snowstorm. TLW (The Little Woman) came home early from the Wanna-be Bank and Truss Company because she was scheduled to, so it worked out well for her.

Going out before she was due to arrive, I quickly cleared a path for her to pull in, and as I was about to put the shovel away, she is blowing her horn, telling me to get out of her way!

I sat down in my chair, had a cup of tea and realized that all my hard work would be for naught, since it was still snowing, and we were only halfway through the storm!

The next day, I go out to shovel, and the snow is packed, and heavy. I start to shovel and realize: I need my snow blower. Into the garage I go, pull it out (The snow blower) and start plowing through it all. I go about 20 feet, and realize the cord is tangled. I stop, untangle the cord and restart. SNOW DAZE: the thing has died! I’ve had it since the early ‘80’s I think, so I guess I can’t complain. I realize what I need is a teenager, you know, one of those kids that is alive and vibrant, not like me?

TLC (The Lovely Carol) next door comes over and we chat. She says she will send overt (What else?) her teenage son, MMB jr. (My Man Bill junior) to finish up for me. See boys and girls, there IS a GOD!

But my grief is not over. I go to clear off my car, pull out the windshield wipers to clear off the windshield, and part of the wiper blade rubber sticks to the windshield and tears from the rest of it! It’s off to US Auto for some blades.

Only about a week for pitchers and catchers to report to spring training, so I will hold on.

No comments: