Saturday, March 20, 2010

AS ‘APPY AS ‘APPY GETS

Today is my daughter Ellen’s birthday! She is 38 years old, and going strong! Although she doesn’t say much (especially for a woman! Don’t start SS-I-L)!

There are some words she can say. One of those words is her version of the word: “Happy”. If there is one word she should say, I’m glad is it “happy”!


She has come a long way in the past year, going from a very thin 89 lbs to some credible weight gain, and feels great, by her disposition.

But getting back to the word: “Happy”, she can’t fully pronounce it, it comes out: “Appy”. So when we got my dog, we called her ‘Happy’ so Ellen could call her too.Now the dog can get very jealous when Ellen comes home. I tend to make a big fuss over Ellen, and Appy gets to doing things to get my attention. Suddenly, she wants to be petted, she rings the bell to the back door so she can go out and come right back in without performing, or decides to play with me, or poke me with her nose to get attention!

During the course of the week, she ignores me and sleeps all day. As soon as Ellen is home, she is in my face, or I am tripping over her.

So that little pink baby I saw by chance as they transported her from the birthing room to the nursery in Bayshore Hospital while the elevator doors were open, is now 38 years old! Wow! My kids are starting to get older than me!


No comments: