Monday, March 15, 2010

BEEP… BEEP… BEEP…


Stepping into the new age of electronics, it is starting to distract me!

The sound seemed to come from nowhere! A beep… beep… beep…! Every two minutes: beep… beep… beep…! I tried to not pay attention to it, but it was persistent. Beep… beep… beep…!

Getting back to my computer, I wondered if something was going on it? No, THAT couldn’t be it. It had to be something else. Beep… beep… beep…! The noise seemed to jump out of nowhere, and disappear back into nowhere.

Could it be the fax machine? I checked the machine, but soon realized: I don’t have a fax machine! Beep… beep… beep…! It was becoming annoying! Was it the ceiling fire alarm? That noise was more piercing than your ordinary Beep… beep… beep…! If it is I thought, I need to replace the battery.

Reaching for my mouse, I see something that may explain what the Beep… beep… beep…! Really is. It’s my cell phone: I left on my desk! IT is the culprit.

I pick up Al Bell’s annoying little invention, and sure enough, a text message is waiting for me.

I read that it is from a potential client, and answer. I see the man the next day, and go through the whole story. He listens intently, and explains: Well, when you have a teenager in your home, you get used to texting.

“Well,” says I, “Would you mind calling me instead? If you don’t, I may have to change my ceiling fire alarm battery.

No comments: