Monday, March 01, 2010

SO LITTLE MAKES ME HAPPY!



It doesn’t take much to make me happy. No, I can get great joy from the sun bursting out of the clouds on a cold blustery February day, a small ray of hope that spring is nearby.

Sometimes a certain smell will transport me back to my grandmother’s kitchen in Brooklyn, maybe the fresh smell of basil, or even the slamming of a wooden screen door like one did those so many years ago, as she ran in and out of her kitchen to her garden.

There are days when TLW (The Little Woman) comes home, and my whole life will light up, a cocktail, conversation and dinner, and suddenly I’m happy.

But oddly enough, even TV commercials can make me happy! There are some stars of past commercials that come to mind. There is Carla, I believe her name was from the famous “Where’s the Beef” commercial. Who can ever forget the Pepsi commercial, Italian style, with the little curly topped girl, probably one of the best ever!



There is one that is current, one that I just love, because of the “star” in it. A young woman who exudes a certain enthusiasm that I think makes the commercial for insurance of all things. She is an attractive smiling face that for some reason holds my attention.

Maybe it is my background in advertising, and I’m looking at things for different reasons than you might, but I love her commercials, all of them!

Of course, I have been known to get a little emotional over commercials. Like the one where the child calls home from college, or far away, and I think of my kids, not the phone rates the commercial is selling.

The biggest by far have been the health of my daughter, the engagement of #1Son and his beautiful fiancĂ©: Courtney, and #2 Son’s progress in college.

And last but not least, hearing from you when I write.


No comments: