Wednesday, March 17, 2010

TOP ‘O THE MORNIN BEJESUS!


To all you Irishmen out there, Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! If you are half Irish, then: Happy St. Paddy’s Day to ya!

As for me, I will celebrate it quietly at home, with Mr. Jack Daniels, and TLW (The Little Woman)!

Was signing checks for the agency yesterday http://www.ahrcsuffolk.org/ and as I did, I was sipping a cup of Joe I purchased at Dunkin’ Donuts. It was a cup of coffee that depressed me! As I was finished signing, I got up to give the folders to the accounting department, when I read the cup. It read something like: “Happy 60th Birthday to Dunkin Donuts!”

That makes me older than donuts!

This particularly bothers me since there are fewer wrinkles on the plain donuts than my face has.

I remember when I was a youngster, and wondered what it would be like in the 21st century. Well, I found out: ‘old’! That’s what!

But old age has its’ privileges. I can kiss the girls with impunity, and TLW could care less. I can speak out loud, and not be hindered by my usual shyness. And people are starting to have a little respect for my age!

TLW and I both commiserate on our aches and pains, and do a dance, every time we stand up, it is called the: “Bone shift”. You put your left on your hip, you put your right hand on your butt, and you shake them all about. You get a little creaky and the pain begins to flout; that’s what its all about!

Everybody now…

OOOOh, Ahhh, uuuh oooph!

OK, let’s take a nap!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, ok so Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all of the Irish, Irish by marriage and Irish-wannabees.

And may I remind all of you Italians, Italian by marriage and Italian wannabees that on this Friday the 19th we celebrate the often forgotten but just as important (maybe more) Saint Joseph's Day!! Mangia!!
SS-I-L

Anonymous said...

Amen Angela

Anonymous said...

Amen Angela