Tuesday, March 23, 2010

WHY I’M #5 IN THE PECKING ORDER



Joanne, that’s why, Mom’s favorite child along with her other three daughters. Once I was #2 in the pecking order, then #3 and #4 and finally, after Joanne came, #5!

Actually, she is my baby sister, and I am very proud of her. Being the sister of a brother with a sister: who is an assistant principle, is a real responsibility!

Today she is a year older, but I won’t reveal how old, mainly because I lost track ever since she passed me in age!

Having two children, and now living in seclusion so they don’t know where she is, she will on occasion surprise you and show up. Her uniqueness lies in the fact that she married a saint, Saint Don of: East Setauket. The family gets together on occasion to pray for Saint Don, and hope he can survive living with you know who.

If I can put the kidding away for a moment and say this: She is a good little sister. She loves to laugh, has helped children all her adult professional life, so that makes the world better. If it makes the world better, I am even prouder.

When she was born, Dad called from the hospital to tell us we had another sister (my fourth), I did not believe him, and thought for sure he was kidding me. Then I broke down and cried over my luck. Now that I look back, I realize I am the luckiest sibling in the whole world.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOANNE! I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!
Love, your baby sister the Assistant PrinciPAL. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joanne!!
Love
Mary Ann

PS....Interesting decor in your office!!

Fran said...

Happy Birthday Joanne! I can't think of a better birthday gift than the news you told us yesterday! Enjoy and have a great day.
Love,
Fran and Tom

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

But it IS the principle of the thing