Friday, April 23, 2010

WHEN JESUS MAKES ME SING!

No, this is not a Jesus speech!

What I’m talking about is when I go to church and they make you sing. Well they get up there in front of the congregation and raise their hands like you are suppose to follow them.

But what about us who wish not to sing? You know who we are, the ones that stink at singing. Why should I make people have a good time laughing at me while I try to warble? Is this what Jesus wants?

I don’t think so.

So I have developed my own version of silent karaoke, I lip-sync with the others, and give the impression of singing loudly, as I open my mouth wide as I do so.

This is a lot like stealing without getting anything. I make the lady who is waving hers arms and hands at me to sing happy, while at the same time making those around me happy, by my not singing.

This has worked for years: and was really developed when I was very young in grade school. I would not have studied something, the teacher would lead us in it, and I would move my mouth like I knew it all! It worked.

Don’t give me that what if!

But I have come to the conclusion that the people who go to my church must all be sinners! Why would God send me to a place to sing, if he wasn’t punishing someone? Ergo, those sinners!

If YOU ever find Jesus, and he happens to be laughing, know that I am singing at that moment.

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

One of the reasons Jasmine and I drag ourselves out of bed for the
7 AM Mass on Sundays is the lack of singing. Sometimes we feel like the "full monte" and will attend a high mass with all the pomp and music, but we usually like our Masses to be short and silent. (Jesus knows you're not singing you know.)

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

If Jesus wanted me to fly, he would have given me wings, so I figure...