Monday, April 19, 2010

YOU DON’T SAY!

Really, I don’t get a chance to do so. TLW (The Little Woman) says it all for me!

The other morning, I announced that I was going to purchase some seeds and fertilizer for the old homestead. Clearing my mind I awaited the inevitable question:

“Did you look in the garage to see if we have any left?”

How do I know it was coming?

Here is another sample.

“I’m going to the store to buy some chicken breasts for a chicken dinner (See March 22: “Sometimes I just give up”).

“Did you check the freezer outside in the garage?”

“Yes Dear!”

“How about in the kitchen freezer?”

“Yes Dear.” (Like I would only check one freezer.)

Then she can go the other way.

“Why are you saving this?” she will inquire.

“Because I love you?”

“You are such a hoarder, saving everything. Why are you saving wire?”

OK, I’ll throw it out (Under my breath: “that’s not the only thing I’d like to throw out.”)

“What?”

“Oh, nothing, just praying out loud.”

The garbage man comes, takes away my wire and the next day, I need it once more.

“I have to go to the hardware store to purchase some wire.

“Did you check the garage first?”

“Yes Dear.”

“How about your tool box?”

Under my breath: “I’d like to check….”

You get the idea.

No comments: