Thursday, May 13, 2010

CALIFORNIA SCREAMING

If you hang around with me long enough, something is bound to happen. If you travel with me, it seems to get on a plane and follow me, it’s bags packed, ready for by boo boos.

My recent trip to California, and the Huntington Botanical Gardens was no exception.

The Huntington Botanical Gardens is a lovely place, filled with beauty beyond description, and beyond ones wildest dreams of a nature trail, with its cacti and Japanese and Chinese sections.

But a long day in the gardens does mean a break on occasion, and that is what TLW (The Little Woman) and #1 Son and I decided to do. We came to a rest station in the Chinese Gardens, where there is two multi-sex toilets for one. TLW went into one, and the other one was occupied. I waited outside for the other to empty, and it never did. I was doing a great dance, almost mimicking Gene Kelly in ‘Singing in the Rain’ where he dances with a light pole and an umbrella. The other party never comes out!

Finally TLW reappears and I rush in.

As I stand facing the wall, thinking about my dancing I hear the door open! I forgot to lock the door! There standing in the doorway, staring at me is a little old lady. Her eyes are bugged out: my mouth is wide open and my eyes bugged out in shock. I literally drop what I’m doing.

She goes running out screaming: “It’s OK. It’s Ok!” She stops and tells her husband: “I walked in on a man in there.” “Well, he should have locked the door!” Shut up old man.

Slowly I recover and gingerly walk to the door, open it and peek out. “Good”, I think to myself, TLW and #1 Son didn’t witness anything. Relieved, in more ways than one, I turn the corner of the public rest rooms, and there I see TLW and #1 Son, rolling in hysterics.

They knew what happened!

“Why didn’t you guys stop that lady???”

TLW: “Well, she reached for the door and as she did, I tried to say something, but the words didn’t come out!” That was said in between giggles at my expense!

God I hate when that happens!

No comments: