Monday, May 24, 2010

A CRY

The evening was getting late, and TLW (The Little Woman) still had work to do, and no tools! CLEANING OUT #2 SON’S DORM ROOM IS A MAJOR WORK.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5470386594969861474" />
“Joe, you are going to have to go out and get me a broom and dust pan!” (This is not a time for witch jokes.)

“Yes Dear”

I start to think, I don’t know my way around this town, it is dark and it is all lonely country roads!



I get in the car and start to drive, all of a sudden I find myself on the Hutchinson River Parkway, going somewhere and I don’t know where somewhere is!

I get off the parkway and look for signs of life, there are none. There never is when I’m lost. I decide, I’ll call TLW and see if I can get some ideas. I take out my cell and call: I get the message center. I call #2 Son, the same thing! Then I realize, I have the GPS, so I punch in Stop and Shop, and the thing is giving me a (?). One after another:?? ???? ???

I start to cry for my mommy. But that won’t help. Dad is gone, so there is no point in crying for him. I type in SUNY/Purchase, and get something about 6 miles away. OK, I’m in striking distance. I drive some more and find a D’Agostino and go in, find a broom and dustpan for are you ready for this? $33.40! For that kind of money, they should supply dirt to come with it!

Being a victim of highway robbery, I throw the stuff in the car and drive off. Suddenly my phone comes alive, I take it out and answer it, and no one is there!

I get back to the college dorm, or the scene of the disaster, and climb the stairs.

“He’s back!”

Oh goody.

“What happened to you?” Inquires TLW.

“What makes you think something happened? By the way, my phone rang and no one was on the other end!”

“Oh, I tried to call you and my phone needs to be charged.”

We finish up the cleaning and pack the car, TLW in a very cranky mood.


As we pull out of the parking space, #2 says: “Oh, I almost forgot my phone!”

Back in I go, up the stairs he goes, on a rant TLW goes and I just sit there, listening and thinking, (This is not time for a witch joke). He returns and announces he now, at 9:45 at night, must return his room key! It is now becoming my turn to fume, get toxic and a little edge on. We drive to where he needs to go and he disappears for 20 minutes. TLW repeats some of her unhappiness, and I just sit there listening, thinking: (This is not time for a witch joke).

The long lost prodigal son returns, comes up to the opened window, out of reach of his mother, my wife, and to you known as TLW to announce: “Do you think I could get a slice of pizza, I didn’t eat yet?”

Off he goes, and TLW his mother, my wife, and to you known as TLW announces to me as he leaves: “I CALLED HIM AND TOLD HIM TO HAVE DINNER FIRST!”
(This is not time for a witch joke).

No comments: