Wednesday, May 05, 2010

THE HEART OF THE MATTER

Or what’s the matter with the heart.

I went to the Cardiologist for an abdominal ultrasound. Of course there is no food or drink three hours before. So what happens? I get a business breakfast I have to go 4 hours before. I just make it under the wire, the final burp with seconds to go!

As I lay on the bed, being poked once again, the techno asks me if I have a stint in my heart.

“Do you have a stint in your aorta?

“No, is one missing?”

She looks at me cross-eyed and sticks the probe even harder!

I ask another question.

“Didn’t we do this last week? It is the same room, same machinery!”

“I doubt that since only I give this particular scan, and I was in San Diego last week.”

“Is that where I was? Goes to show you, I always need that darn GPS!”

Again she challenges her eyesight.

One of the things I don’t like is silence. That silence comes across loudly when the people checking you out don’t say anything, just knit their brow, look hard and ask questions, leaving you to possible heart failure for fear of what you may have!

“SOOO… how’d I do, good, huh?”

“Your doctor will contact you next week with the results.”

She said that like: “I before e, except after c when sounded as wait and not telling you a damned thing!”

No comments: