Friday, May 21, 2010

IS THAT YOU DOC?

Went to see my conservative looking doctor today, and found a roguish chap, with all convention thrown to the wind!

Storming into the examining room, a paisley shirt, opened collar, chewing gum and his hair somewhat wispy and unconventional.

“How’s it going?” asked the good Doctor.

Overcome with shock, I mumbled a “er… uh Good, you?”

“Doing good, doing good.”

Either he’s been in the medicine cabinet too many times, or he’s gotten a girlfriend on the side, because this is one zebra without the mandatory stripes!

This is a guy who is NEVER happy, yelling at the nurses, complaining to me about insurance companies and his help, or at me for carrying a pound or two more than I did the last time. (It’s his scale)

Here is the other thing that is disturbing: he was EARLY!! Yes, I didn’t wait! I went into the place for a usual checkup, and leave with needing to be treated for shock! Usually, I wait so long, like last August, when I went. I had waited so long, I had to call TLW (The Little Woman) to bring me a coat and boots!

“So doctor, what did the cardiologist have to say?”

“Well he got a new set of clubs, and said to say ‘Hello’ to you.”

“No, I mean from the last visit I made there.”

“Oh, you have a small aneurism in your stomach, so we will watch it and see if it gets bigger. Other than that, everything is good.”

And so, in August I return for my annual physical, I wonder what he will look like then?

No comments: