Wednesday, May 26, 2010

REMEMBERING


As the reunion draws closer for the Bellport High School class of 1964, a lot runs through my mind. The days gone by have indeed passed me by. I think back to those days when we all wanted higher education of some sort, either trade school or college, and set a course for a goal. A noble goal for lifelong achievement was our purpose. As parents today, we supported our children in those same goals, and so did our parents for the most part support us.

But I keep thinking of some of the guys who didn’t make it to today, and what has happened to them. They too had goals like the rest of us. Some left high school and within days were dead for some reason or another. Car accidents, war, illness, whatever claimed their lives not only from them, but: from us. Whole lives ceased to exist, whole dreams crushed. Today, some of us are in fragile condition, the ravages of age, the time clock running out.

I have heard some really sad stories about my classmates, and God knows, I can contribute one or two myself, but all in all, I’m grateful to be alive, as I am sure they are. I guess it is time for us to be more accountable for our time, to God and Ourselves! It is also time to dedicate our lives to the enrichment of others, and to bring everyone closer as a family of human beings.

I have one wish, that every child on earth and every child yet to be, be born in love, health and happiness, never wanting of life’s necessities and pleasures, and that they live a full childhood with happiness and loving parents.

My other wish is to see that all children who are afflicted, are someday cured.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN.

SS-I-L