Thursday, May 06, 2010

THE THINGS I WANT MOST IN LIFE…


Are the things that I can’t do!

Sing, jump high (I’m a white man), and spend a million dollars.

Now don’t get me wrong, I can sing, just when I’m by myself, in the car, with no one to really appreciate it. I sound like Sinatra, or Pavarotti, or even Petula Clark. (I slipped off the pedal of my bicycle once and I let out a yelp, swore I heard Pet Clark!)

Some of my greatest performances occurred while doing 80 on the 495. I’m telling you, I’m good. When it comes time to sing in church, I start to lower my voice, lower and lower, until I’m whispering the music! As I sing I wonder, who hears me, and what are they thinking about how bad I sound? Is that guy going to turn around and say: “Please STOP! I’m begging you, if you love God, please stop singing!”

Jumping is another story. It seems that every parade I ever attended voluntarily, I miss! Seems all the tall people need to be up front, while shorter people have to bounce up and down, trying to catch glimpses of Old Glory as she waves by.

Going to a ball game, I suddenly find myself behind the stander, the turkey that needs to stand up to watch the game, after every pitch! Usually, he is standing like a statue, right as the key event or play occurs, as the crowd goes nuts as to what they had just witnessed! Of course he needs to purchase more food for his fat kids, and maybe his Mamma, this means standing, reaching into his pockets for a wallet or money, where he lingers, his hands down deep, as he feels for the ones from the fives!

If I could just jump high enough to see what’s happening.

Spending a million dollars is a whole ‘nudder’ story!

There are many things I could spend money on. There are a few Italian cars and suits I could buy. A few homes come to mind, and of course, that Rolex I would never wear. Just a few of the things I dream of buying. But would I really buy those items? Probably not, what would I do with the money you ask? No you don’t you are thinking what YOU would do with the money. Well, this is my blogue: I spend it my way.

In all likelihood, TLW (The Little Woman) would get it all! Well, most of it, I’d put some of that aside for my three kids, that would make me very happy.

As for me, I would get a new recliner, and a new laptop, and I’d be happy.
After all, TLW will spend it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do the math....if you earn $ 50,000 for 20 years or $ 40,000 for 25 years or $ 33,333 for 30 years, you most likely have already earned and spent
$ 1,000,000....probably more!!
SS-I-L

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

SO WHAT DID I DO WITH IT????

Anonymous said...

Can't help you w/that 1
ss-i-l