Saturday, May 22, 2010

WHEN A STAR FADES


I was talking to friend of mine who lost a child a few years ago. The child was a grown man, with a career, who loved his mother. After her son died, and she bent over from the punch in the stomach, she did something wonderful: she decided to continue to enjoy and live her life!

Some people take extraordinary measures to stay alive, even smile, laugh and have a good time once again. Having lost a child, I know what she did, and having lost a child to a mental disability I mourn everyday! One child has freed me of mourning, while reminds me that I have lost my star.

TLW (The Little Woman) is one of the bravest people I know. Like my friend, she teaches that with grief one must find grace, for oneself and for others. You don’t suffer from grief: you comfort those that suffer your grief.

It seems strange that death, so final does not hurt as much as seeing a child living a lost life!

May it be an evening star,
Shines down upon you.
May it be as darkness falls,
Your heart will be true.
You walk a lonely road;
Oh, how far you are from home....

May it be the shadows call,
Will fly away.
May it be your journey on,
To light the day.
When the night is overcome,
You may rise to find the sun.

No comments: