Friday, May 07, 2010

YES, DEAR!

Well we set out for California by arriving at JFK airport. After parking the car, we head into the terminal and I decide to check in the bag. Being it is only one bag, and the fact that we had our boarding passes through the miracle of the computer, I head for the kiosk.

That is a mistake when with TLW (The Little Woman), who promptly stops me.

“NO! We don’t want to do that, we have to go over there and check it in!” says the boss.

“But we can check it in here!” states the follower.

“No, no,” she states once more.

I follow (blindly, that is what husbands do if they want peace.)

I toss the bag on the scale, and wait. 46 lbs. the scale reads. The agent records the weight and starts to look at my driver’s license, then TLW’s. As we wait for the agent to let his fingers dance across his keyboard (It looked like he was playing solitaire) the agent next to us casually places her foot on the scale, bringing the weight over 50lbs! (That’s $50 more!)

TLW starts to get antsy, jumpy and downright concerned, all the while I knew it was nothing.

“Are we over 50lbs?” she breathlessly inquires.

The agent smiles and says, no, we are under.

I laugh at her ((but I back away from her reach) and the agents laughs too.

“No, she has a tired foot.” Replies Mr. JetBlue.

As we leave the check-in we pass the same kiosk as before. TLW stops and looks at the kiosk and makes an announcement: “You can check-in your bag at the kiosk, Joe, you were right!”

“Now will you say ‘YES!” with the same forcefulness as you said ‘NO!’?

“NO!”

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

From page 11 of the husband's handbook:

"Just turn over the paycheck and do as you're told, and nobody gets hurt".