Monday, July 19, 2010

FOUR YEARS IS A LONG TIME


In 2006, on this day, I announced that I was retiring. Four years is a long time, and I didn’t know what the future held for me. Now that I look back, I am amazed with what has happened to me! Looking back is very shocking to me since I didn’t think this much could happen!

First there is this blog, which has gone to an everyday posting. Not only that, but I have inspired two people to start their own blogs, and they are terrific! I started a blog called Ellen’s Way: http://ellendelbloggolo.blogspot.com/

I have found three friends from my old neighborhood, and many more old friends that are new again! All are beautiful people, all I am glad to find.

There is my board of directors and my chairing many committees, getting deeply involved and loving it. There is the church with the chairmanship of the golf committee and the Fund Raising committees. I chaired a very successful high school reunion with the help of a great committee, and am planning a cruise for next year. And I’m even doing some design work! Yes the very thing I retired from is here to haunt me.

What does TLW (The Little Woman) think of all this? I’m not sure, but I think she wishes in a way she could retire too.

Over the course of these past 4 years, I have gotten busier and more occupied than I could imagine! I knew I wasn’t going to sit home and watch TV all day: that I would either find things to do, or make things happen. Both are true! The best part of retirement is that I don’t care on a Sunday evening about Monday morning. I am a lot more relaxed now, more tolerant and less anxious about things.

So if you retire, just don’t retire from life.

2 comments:

joe del broccolo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura ESL Teacher said...

Sounds good to me, especially the part about not worrying about Monday.