Tuesday, July 06, 2010

I TRIED


There was a commercial on the other day and it brought back fond memories! It was an ad for macaroni and cheese. It wasn’t the location of the ad, or the actors or even the music, no: it was the macaroni and cheese! I miss macaroni and cheese. I also miss French onion soup. TLW (The Little Woman), used to make those things for me, now she doesn’t!

She doesn’t love me!

Not anymore, she used to, when she made those dishes, but not anymore.

She went out with a bang the last time she made macaroni and cheese, combining the roni with five (5) cheeses! It was the best macaroni and cheese dish I ever had, and it was my last. I could go out to a restaurant and order it, but it would not be from loving hands. It would not have that ‘loving’ taste that TLW used to have when she made it for me.

You can pretty much guess when the honeymoon is over: no macaroni and cheese. It is not something that you notice suddenly, but there are little signs. We used to sit together when we were just married, on the same chair. Now we have our own chairs! “Let’s not exchange gifts this year for our birthdays!” will the edict go from TLW. Of course, I don’t listen to her, but still.

We used to eat together, and when one was late, the other waited. Not anymore, since I stopped seeing the macaroni and cheese, I see us eating at separate times of the day. Oh, I still get a phone call during the day, wondering “How your day is going” well, it would go a lot better with macaroni and cheese!

So after viewing the commercial I said to TLW:
“If you loved me, you’d make me macaroni and cheese.”
“Yeah!”

So I guess I’ll go find a restaurant that loves me.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NEPHEW STEPHEN O’HARA TODAY!

4 comments:

Fran said...

Happy Birthday to you as well Joe! I say, treat yourself to that macaroni and cheese since it is your birthday! I am sure TLW wouldn't mind. Enjoy your day! Throw in a Jack Daniels as well.
Love,
Your Younger Sister Fran

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joey!!!
Love,
You're retired baby sister. :-)

Jim Pantaleno said...

A blogger named Joe from Holbrook,
Had a wife who really could cook,
But she never made mac and cheese,
Though Joe begged her on his knees,
So Joe gave the cook the hook.

With apologies to Robert Frost. Happy Birthday Joseph.

Anonymous said...

If I wish you a Happy Birthday on the Blog, do I still have to mail the card?
ss-i-l