Tuesday, July 20, 2010

WHAT THE ????

I turned on my computer last week and went to the internet. Looking at my email for my business account, I then jumped to my social one, joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com. A message appears, that it could not find my browser! This is the same browser the night before that worked so well. I thought: “Maybe there is a lot of traffic out there right now, with summer vacation, all the kids are on. I decided to wait until mid morning and try again. Mid morning comes, and I try and still the same thing. This frustrates me but I still think it is too many people trying to get on.

After a number of days I’m thinking I need to try to fix this problem. I go into preferences for my browser, and think I have it solved, but bang, it starts in again. I continue to try to solve the issue but it will not go away. So one night I decide to communicate through the computer with my internet provider.

Suddenly this very polite screen comes on and even says: “Good evening, Joseph, how may I help you?”

I’m now thinking that Mom has gotten a job with the internet provider at the age of 92! She is the only person that still calls me Joseph.

Me: (Typing) Hi Ma, when did you take this job, and so late at night? Do you need money or something?

Paul: (The internet provider techie) “How may I help you Joseph?”

Me: My email account keeps asking me for my password, and I forgot that a long time ago, when I forgot how to behave! On top of that, I keep losing my browser page! Oh, God! Can you help me???”

Paul: “First we deal with your email. Sit up straight.”

A note pops up: “We would like to share your screen with you, click OK”

I click OK because don’t forget, Paul could be Mom!

Suddenly my screen becomes alive, my arrow darting all over my screen here and there, dropdown menus zipping open and closed. I think maybe the screen is possessed! After a series of requests to unplug the power source to my router, Paul (Mom) tells me that my problem is my apple router, to call Apple and ask them for help, before I buy a new router. This is always good news.

Paul: “Is there anything else I can help you with?”

Me: “No thank you Paul, you were a great help.”

Paul: “and don’t be like your sisters, call me more often!”

No comments: