Tuesday, September 07, 2010

FINDING THE RIGHT GIRL



Being married for almost 40 years, I learned that there are times when TLW (The Little Woman) likes to take over, be the boss and run things her way. Me, I don’t care, as long as they get done.

We had TLC (The Lovely Courtney) here for a wedding recently, and TLW was on her kick to change a VCR from one room to another, and plug in a DVD player along the way. We had some old movies we wanted to show TLC, and TLW was busy trying to figure it all out. This is what she likes. She would rather do that than even go shopping!

I hate doing that, and don’t like Radio Shack or Home Depot, find them filled with young geeks (Radio Shack) and old geezers (Home Depot), each with its own attitude.

So I leaned back, watching TLW as she scurried behind the TV, pulling out cables and wires and asking me questions, looking for connections and generally, having a ball. This intrigued TLC, as she then jumped into the fray, getting minimal help from #1 Son, who like me, made a half-hearted attempt at caring.

Well the floor was covered with one wife, one daughter-in-law, wires, VCRs and DVD players. It seemed like the two ladies were in heaven, as they tried to figure things out. Watching the fuss, I sneaked a look at #1 Son, and we both laughed, they were doing all the work!

I think somebody is marrying someone just like his mom!

No comments: