Wednesday, September 01, 2010

LEAD ME NOT, INTO TEMPTATION


And get rid of that pint of French Vanilla!

Yes, you see it all the time: it sits in your freezer, calling your name. Oh, you see it all right, you just don’t want to answer to the call, that of the siren, calling: “Yoo-Hoo, get a deep dish big boy and let’s fool around!”

It has co-conspirators too. Lurking in the pantry are the chocolate chip cookies, they are amassed, lined up like little round soldiers, waiting, just waiting for you to have a breakdown. Their friend the cake, it too lies dormant somewhere, silently sleeping until you crumble and cave in to your greedy need to satisfy your cravings for sweets.

All the while, your doctor’s face hangs in front of your eyes, you relive over and over again, the nurse pushing that weight on the scale to your right, until it crashes into the wall, and you are afraid the doctor will yell: “WHAT is that noise???”
And oh, what will he say when he reads your weight gain? Where do you hide your face when he asks: “What happened!?”

You go to bed that night, thinking of calories unfulfilled, of taste not enjoyed, of the emptiness in no satisfaction. The song goes through your head…


(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Artist(Band):The Rolling Stones

“satisfaction,
satisfaction.
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try.
I can't get no, I can't get no.

When I'm drivin' in my car
and a man comes on the radio
he's tellin' me more and more
about some useless information
supposed to fire my imagination.
I can't get no, oh no no no.
Hey hey hey, that's what I say.

I can't get no satisfaction,
I can't get no satisfaction.
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try.
I can't get no, I can't get no.

When I'm watchin' my TV
and a man comes on to tell me
how white my shirts can be.
Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
the same cigarrettes as me.
I can't get no, oh no no no.
Hey hey hey, that's what I say.

I can't get no satisfaction,
I can't get no girly action.
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try.
I can't get no, I can't get no.

When I'm ridin' round the world
and I'm doin' this and I'm signing that
and I'm tryin' to make some girl
who tells me baby better come back later next week
'cause you see I'm on losing streak.
I can't get no, oh no no no.
Hey hey hey, that's what I say.

I can't get no, I can't get no,
I can't get no satisfaction,
no satisfaction, no satisfaction, no satisfaction.”

Then you get up, say: “The hell with it, I got three months before I see Dr. Killjoy anyway!”

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Since we came back from Italy I am into gelato. Luckily the only place I know that comes even close to Italian gelato is in New Jersey so I can't have it every day. My sweet tooth will be my undoing but I know the craving will never go away. Satan, thy name is Baskin-Robbins.