Monday, October 04, 2010

AND THEY KEEP ON COMING!

Just when I thought it was safe to tip toe out of the maternity ward, I have to turn around again! My handsome nephew David and his lovely wife Kim, had their first child, Daxton, whose name causes my spell check to ring out an alarm! Daxton is pronounced: “Dexton” and is used to employ the makers of spell check to keep busy.



Actually it is a unique French name that means ‘leader’, and is also a French town!
It also means that my nephew and his wife will be getting up at 2 in the morning. I thought that was an interesting thing to tell everyone. (Better them than me)

I am now the great uncle of a lot of kids, and we have one in the ‘bullpen’ sort of. My nephew Chris and his wife, Kim (Another Kim), are not pregnant that I know of, but they could start warming up at any time now!



David is my baby sister’s son. This is her first grandchild, and by next year, will talk more than she does!

It is interesting now that my mother has three new great grandchildren in a little over a year. The first this past year: Alexander John Schneider, was named that because the parents wanted to see how many letters they could stick the poor kid with in his name. They figure that if he spends his time learning how to write his name, he wouldn’t get into any trouble.

Then there is Ryan Mathew Dzicek. The mother is Sicilian, the father is half Italian, half Polish, so naturally they gave the kid not one, but two Irish names!

Then along comes Daxton. The thinking here is that we give the kid a name that is spelled one way, pronounced a little differently, and we throw in the French connection because no one is French!


I was named after my older sister, who was named first. That is her name, First. We call her First, or Firsty,

But all this aside,
WELCOME DAXTON (THAT’S PRONOUNCED DEXTON) HARROW, AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND GREAT UNCLE (WHO THE KID LOOKS LIKE.)

No comments: