Thursday, October 07, 2010

HOW TO DRIVE YOUR MATE CRAZY



As we sat in the diner, waiting for our coffee order to come, our idle chatting was interrupted by the waitress. Plopping down two cups of coffee, she then laid down a small dish of Half-and-half pods on the table. Most of the pods were upside down, and TLW (The Little Woman) noticed it. Casually, without any fanfare, she started to right side up the few that were on her side of the dish.

I usually don’t pay too much attention to little things like Half-and-half pods, but her little actions caught my attention, as I laughed to myself. It seemed obvious to me that she wanted to fix them all!

Reaching out, I slowly turned my side of the plate over to her side, as she watched, sneaking a glance up at me.

Not saying a word, I waited for her to react, and she didn’t disappoint me.

TLW: “You’re trying to aggravate me!”

Me: “Oh, go ahead, fix ‘em.”

She immediately went to work on them until they were all standing, right side up! This, from a woman I think of as very sensible, no nonsense, let’s not even laugh, let alone have any fun!

I think it important that her mental wellbeing is considered.

There was a big look of relief as she surveyed the pods, and they were all to her satisfaction! I assure you, if I were the one rearranging the pods, it would be on my record until I died!

No comments: