Saturday, October 30, 2010

I’M GETTING RICH OR JUST ITCHY


You all have heard that old saw, when your palm itches it means you are getting money. Good news, I’m about to become a billionaire, or bad news, I have an allergy!

Who wants to bet on what?

It started when I was having work done on my teeth by the Merchant of Venice. He, my dentist, did some root canal work on my gums, and it caused another root canal job he did a couple of years ago to fall out a few days later! With all this canal work, he is flooding his pockets with my money!

Being a nice guy, he gave me a prescription for infection, and one for pain. My gum was swelling so I went and had the infection prescription filled and it was Amoxicillin I believe. I started taking it as directed and thought nothing of it. Then I started with some very minor itching one night in the middle of my sleep. Waking up, I tossed and turned the whole night. If I had some rock music written to it, I would now have a hit on my hands!

The itch turned to a chronic thing, and a slight chill on the skin surface started to appear. It is now a full-blown rash! My back in particular is the itchiest, and a pasta scoop is my handy tool!

I mentioned all this to TLW (The Little Woman) and my mother, the other TLW, and they both asked the same question when I told them I suspected the Amoxicillin!

And I quote…”DID YOU STOP TAKING IT?”

?

No ladies, I am trying to set an example for everyone in what stupid is and does! (No jokes please, I’m very sensitive.) I can understand and appreciate their asking that question, and wonder if there are some people who would continue to take it under these circumstances.

It’s been a day and a half since I last took the medication, but the itch has gotten worse. I’m starting to entertain the idea of finishing the whole bottle at once, if it doesn’t go away soon!

3 comments:

THERESA said...

CALL THE DOCTOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Theresa. You could go into sudden anaphalactic (sp?) shock. Do you have benadryl in the house? Take it.

Anonymous said...

forgot to sign it .....
ss-i-l