Thursday, October 21, 2010

SAY AHHHHH!


As in Ahhhhhh $%(#!

Went to the dentist the other day because I have a problem biting down. The young dentist, young enough to be my grandson, took a look in my mouth as I explained my complaint.

“When I bite down, I feel this discomfort, it is slight, but it feels like the beginning of something. It seems to come from the root of the tooth. But I’m no dentist.

Dentist “HMMMMM”

“It hurts only when I bite sometimes.”

Dentist “HMMMMM”

“Do you think it is the gum?”

Dentist “HMMMMM, it’s been a while since you were here!”

“HMMMMM”

Dentist “Bite down on this, and move your teeth from side to side.”

“Well, I’m retired now, and I can’t seem to find the time anymore to visit the office!”

Dentist “HAHA! HMMMMM!”

“Er, maybe I should get a job so I can find some time to come to visit ?”

Dentist “HMMMMM, HAHA! Well, I can’t seem to find the problem, what we will do (WE?) is let you go for a while, it may be a very fine crack in the tooth that is not showing up on the x-ray, and I can’t seem to find. After a while it will get worse, then I can work on it.”

Translation: “Your teeth are fine, if I fix it now, there goes my vacation fund for Hawaii, and probably my dental school payments for the next ten years!”

So boys and girls, as I venture through life, and you see me wincing, don’t take it personally, I’m just helping my dentist enjoy life!

No comments: