Wednesday, October 20, 2010

SHE DOESN’T WANT TO BOTHER ME!

Really.

The other day, TLW (The Little Woman) asked me if I would sharpen some pencils for her with my electronic pencil sharpener in my office. Being a dutiful husband, I said: “Yes Dear”. When you commit to doing something, just like marriage, it is for the long haul. This was no exception.

This morning I was busily working on a freelance job, being it is Columbus Day, and TLW appeared in my office, a frown etched across her face. Etched frowns get my attention, especially if she is cooking that day.

TLW: “Where is that pencil sharpener you used for me the other day” (She is holding a large fistful of #2 yellow pencils, all brand new.)

“Right behind me.” (I start to click ‘Command save’ on the computer and make mental notes as to where I am in a critical juncture.)

TLW: “I want to sharpen these pencils.” She holds up all the pencils.

“OK, Give them to me and I will sharpen them for you.”

TLW: “No, I don’t want to disturb you, just get up from that chair so I can do them myself.” (I WAS in here way, after all!)

After a while, she stops.

“You finished?”

TLW: “No, I think the sharpener overheated! Would you sharpen the rest for me when you get a chance?”

Somehow, I am still trying to figure that one out!

3 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Check the contract...it says love, honor AND obey.

Anonymous said...

Then check your life insurance policy... the marriage contract also says "til death do we part."
ss-i-l

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

I thought that already happened for me, SS-I-L?