Friday, November 26, 2010

I HEARD THAT CRACK!

And I don’t like it!

Yesterday morning, TLW (The Little Woman) and I went for our usual Sunday breakfast at a diner and ordered our usual. Our conversation was probably the usual too, with TLW studying the crowd, while I concentrated on my food. (She obviously is a multi-tasker, and I’m not.)


As we had a few laughs (well I did anyway) she just continued her routine, when suddenly I shut up. The reason I shut up is that I thought I got a sliver of bone from a sausage that went straight up into the root of my tooth, setting off sparks, stars and silent swearing, the words were new, even for me!

I had gone to the dentist a few weeks ago, complaining about this one tooth, and he tried all kinds of things to find the problem of, when I bite down, it is uncomfortable.

Dentist: “Well, I can’t seem to find what is wrong with it, so we (we?) We’ll let it alone until something does happen then we can identify it.

Me: “Umigistfth?”

Dentist: “No, we can’t (we?) because we don’t know what the problem is.

Me: “tqwisthisitc?”

Dentist: “Hard to tell, it might take a while.”

Taking out all the paraphernalia from my jaws, I went on my way a little disappointed.

So we came to breakfast, and the tooth had finally split right up the middle, leaving a loose part in the gums, along with the painless portion that is still rooted. It is a strange thing to happen, since the tooth is now two parts, one part pain and one part fine. Eating is a problem, even chewing on the other side, since food will slip and slide over, and when there is any contact, P•A•I•N!!!!

@(&%^!^$$# PAIN!

Today I will beg, plead and buy tickets to the dental ball if they will take me for an emergency appointment.

No comments: