Friday, November 19, 2010

IT DEPENDS ON WHOSE SIDE YOU’RE ON


The other morning I noticed a screw on the rug in the den. Picking it up I see a hinge had come loose from a small table’s double doors between the two recliners. Although I know I have a screw loose or two, this had to be from the hinge.

“Toots! The hinge is coming off the table!”

TLW (The Little Woman): Yes, I noticed that!

“But we rarely go into the table bottom for anything, I wonder why the screw came loose.

Looking at me, she raises her eyebrows.

I ponder this for a while.

“Toots, are you suggesting that I caused it?”

Sitting down in her chair she says: “All I know is it is on YOUR side of the table.”

So, since I sit on the north side of the den, she sits on the south side, and we are divided by the little table. This means that anything, and I mean ANYTHING, north of the table in this world is my fault. The good news is, anything south of the table is her fault! There is a lot more south of the table, than north. Since Canada is a nice friendly neighbor, I guess I’m doing a good job! That is, on my side.

No comments: