Monday, November 08, 2010

OK, I’M NOT PERFERCT

Recently I wrote about a man with dementia, and as I related the story, it came from TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) bank, The Wanna-Be-Bank and Truss Co.

It seems every night I get a run down of the activities and comings and goings of the Wanna-Be-Bank and Truss Co., it employees, and members, and all the events that occur at this prestigious place of high finances.

It seems I made a mistake in relating that the story generated from the bank, when in deed it did not. I was called on the carpet for this by TLW.

“Your blogue today was erroneous and fictitious. Even Lois knows what you wrote about the Wanna-Be-Bank and Truss Company was NOT true!”

Me: (Trembling) “It wasn’t?”

“NO! In fact what you said was only half true.”

Me: (Shaking) “Well we went from ‘Not true’ to half true! Which is worse? ”

“That story I told you about the man with dementia came from the radio, not the bank.”

Me: (Feeling feverish) “Leave it to the bank to not even get that right!”

“AND - You didn’t finish the story that’s why my poor sister-in-law was asking what the father said on your comments section!”

Me: (Sobbing) “Well, I wasn’t misleading anyone, I was misinformed.”

“I TOLD YOU THE RADIO!”

Me: (Backing away from the table “OK, BUT PUT THAT BUTTER KNIFE DOWN, UNLESS YOU PLAN TO SPREAD ME!”

“And another thing, I didn’t say ‘we’ when you were told about the bathroom wallpaper, I said me!”

Me: “You sure? I could have sworn you said we, as in me.”

“No, but I did get YOU, the paint for the ceiling! That is Y-O-U, as in you!”

No comments: