Sunday, January 30, 2011

DEAR GOD,


Dad always said: You have a great sense of humor. Dad also said You had to have one to make me! Well, I notice lately that You seem to be fooling around more than you usually do.

Let me explain: You are now giving us a snowstorm a week, or as I call it, a weekly snow storm! We pay taxes so that the plows can come down my road to clear the street so I can go somewhere. When they do plow, I get plowed in, can’t go anywhere. (I can hear you giggling, Lord.) Then I have so much snow that I need to pay someone to clear it out, and remember to keep our medical up to date for an impending heart attack I will eventually have if I do shovel myself.

But you don’t stop laughing at me. No, once I clear away the snow at great cost and labor, you go right into the autumn with leaves! Again, there are so many on my property, which I like to think of as ‘compost hill’! Once again, labor to get ride of it, then you go ahead and make even more drop, filling my pool, my yard, and of course my gutters and leaders.

OK, so You send me all this for free, and yet my neighbors across the street don’t get anything! (Is that a snicker I’m hearing?) It seems that all the snow, like the leaves, drift over to my side of the street! My neighbors across the way have a little snow and practically no leaves. (Except for the ones I’m going to start dumping at 3 in the morning, oops… You weren’t supposed to know that!)

Is it possible that You could maybe fool around at someone else’s expense for a change?

Your humble servant
Joe

P.S. Maybe we could work it out where I give something during the collection at church?

2 comments:

Princess Pat said...

That is so funny because I always
said the same thing. I swear my
neighbors across the street never
seem to get as much snow as we do.
They are probably saying the same
thing about us. Oh Well.
Pat

Mary Ann said...

Sell the house and buy a condo or townhouse. YOu don't need to be doing that anymore!