Wednesday, January 05, 2011

LADIES FIRST


It was a cold and wintry morning. The last day of the year to be exact, and I was assigned the job of taking TLW (The Little Woman) to work. My car was at the shop, and I needed to take #1 Son to the railroad station so he could go into the city.

As we walked out to the car, I noticed a little bit of frost on the windshield, but it wasn’t an issue to worry about. Unless of course, you are TLW, then a little bit of frost will get you down.

TLW opened the driver’s side door, and I said that I would drive, so she paused searching for something, and went around to the other side, the passenger side and opened that door, as I got into the driver’s seat. I noticed that she now has a scrapper in her hand and begins to scrape the windshield.

TLW: “I won’t say anything about this.” A smirk is on her face, as I am starting up the car, while she is scrapping.

She scrapes her side first, then mine, as I point to a spot that she could have gotten, but instead choose to ignore me. Making me feel bad is a job she has taken to a science. I would never let her do the job of scrapping if I felt it needed it. Being it was such a little job, and no effort was needed, I let her finish it.

She finally gets into the car and looks straight ahead, like she did on our first date. I look at her and say: “You finished?”

She looks back at me and doesn’t say a thing.

Me: “I was saving my arm for the typing I have to do.”

Do all you women go to a guilt inducing school for husbands before you get married?

No comments: