Thursday, January 13, 2011

LOOSE ENDS


This morning, (Monday January 10th, I had to take TLW’s (The Little Woman) car in for some paint work, because #1 Son had a minor fender-bender over the holidays.

At the body shop they arrange for you to get a rental car through your insurance, and I waited along with two other people for Enterprise to pick us up and bring us to their office from the auto body repair shop. Waiting with me was a young woman and a gentleman, both going off to work after the rentals were made. I too had a place to go and was eager to get going.

After waiting about ten minutes, a young woman came from Enterprise to collect us and we all climbed into a SUV, the gentleman took the front seat, and I sat in the back with the young woman. Sitting in the back seat with a young woman is interesting. What she did the whole trip was bury her nose into her I-pod or whatever it is they do these days. This allowed her NOT to engage in conversation with anyone, not look or see anything, just run her index finger on the screen of the little device!

This phenomenon as I spoke of recently of occupying your time while surfing the net and walking is now taking over our whole social order. It seems we can’t talk or communicate with each other. It is bad enough studies show that the younger generation can’t write sentences with whole words, but also can’t write in script. They print because they can’t write. They abbreviate because they can’t spell out words, and now have become hooked on phonics!

Watch This

OK, so we don’t talk to each other, and we don’t communicate. As I got my rental and was driving home, I saw this young fellow walking along the side of the road. HE, wasn’t into a I-pod or I-pad or even a text message. No, he was carrying to large cans of beer, at 8:30 in the morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARC, MY ILLUSTRIOUS NEPHEW AND NEW DADDY!

2 comments:

pamela said...

Is this the "New" synchronicity of the universe?

Anonymous said...

Scary, very scary! ss-i-l