Thursday, January 06, 2011

SHADOWS IN THE MOONLIGHT…


Darling meet me after midnight.

Or so the song goes. Once more, the Hood got together to celebrate the end of one year and the beginning of a new year.

Both #1 and #2 sons went on their own way to do their thing, while TLW (The Little Woman) and I went on ours.

Have you ever seen a bunch of old fogies try to stay up after 9:00 pm? Pathetic! The only way we managed to stay awake was because of the younger teens and their noisy music. That and the gas I got from the soup wontons.



Of course the year didn’t just appear, as I needed to do something to remind people that I am crazy, and my Madonna impression was it! Fortunately, Carol, my hostess had provided the festivities with balloons, and so I stuffed two under my shirt and did a Madonna that some enjoyed. The balloons were filled with plain air, and not helium, so I gave off the appearance of a 65 year-old lady as they hung there, and there was no uplift.Doing such a thing can be worrisome as a number of neighbors were looking at my chest and not my eyes!

Keeping Richie Ignelzi from across the street awake was a chore, as I had to keep shouting: “What do you mean a raise in the property tax?” This brings him to near impossible heights to reach in one’s sleep!

Anyway, it was great to see the neighbors are still there, that I’m still alive, and maybe I won’t eat or drink a thing until next New Years Eve!

No comments: