Monday, January 24, 2011

TAKING A STAND



TLW (The Little Woman) decided to do a little surfing on the Internet and look up a company she does business with. (Weight Watchers) but I can’t tell you that. Sitting at the kitchen table, her laptop on the table and running, she started her quest for knowledge that would lead us to the promise land.

“OK… Now I have to type in my user name and password. What is my password? Darn, I did this yesterday and now I don’t remember!”

“Are you talking to me?”

“No, I always talk to myself when I do this, it helps me and relaxes me.”

“Well, don’t get into any arguments.”

Returning back to the dinner I was making, I stir, turn, and decide to go over to where she is.

“Don’t stand over me!”

“Oh! OK.”

“Now, how do I forward this to you, you said you would show me how to forward?”

“Well, I’d help you, but I can’t see that far from here.”

“I feel pressure, is dinner almost ready?”

I don’t answer and continue to prepare dinner, taking it into her plate.

“Do I have any time left? I feel like I’m running out of time!”

I think: “No, you are not running out of time, I am, soon you can collect the insurance and become a cougar.”

I envision the funeral, a closed casket with a “Let’s go Jets” sticker, and the obituary reading how I died of over listening to TLW work on the Internet.

That woman can talk pretty fast when she is on the Internet!

No comments: