Thursday, January 27, 2011

A TRADER

As I wail against buying foreign, and worry about third worldism, I went ahead and traded in my Hundai for a Toyota Prius. Having owned Toyota products in 1975 and again since 1991, and NEVER having had a problem, I decided to trade in my Hundai Sante Fe for a decent used Toyota Prius. Having a 2010 Prius already in my driveway, and loving to drive it, I decided to get this 2008 Prius, with only 35,000 miles and in very good shape. The price was too good to pass up, and so with an excellent Carfax report in hand, I made the decision this weekend.



Sitting in the show room of a Subaru dealership in Smithtown, TLW (The Little Woman) and I did business with this salesman who was a gentleman, all business and I think very honest. But I noticed something very interesting as I sat there. There was a young lady who was employed there, and she was wearing very high spiked heels. It looked like she was having trouble walking in them, and I nudged TLW and commented. Having thought that TLW hadn’t noticed, she began to give me details that I didn’t even see! Then looking across the room a little, another young good-looking woman, another employee at Subaru Smithtown, was wearing high spiked heels, followed then by a third one!



All three ladies looked like they were in agony as they trod upon the highly polished floors, spikes to the turf so to speak! But the feet problems did not end there! Our salesman got up to make copies, and sure enough, he had foot problems, walking very gingerly (no spike heels) and then, another salesman comes out from the back room, again walking like he was in pain!

TLW: “You see that? I wonder why everyone has a foot problem here?”

Me: “Yeah, they all walk funny, I wonder what goes on in the back room after hours?”

TLW snickers at my tasteless joke (I was roaring over it) and we just stare ahead, like nothing happened.



The car is packed with features like a navigational system. I remember when the navigational system was the steering wheel, now it is a GPS and rear-view backup camera! Once, all you had was a radio, am, and then they really improved it to am/fm! Now, satellite radio with DVD player and mpg players are the new features, along with electric windows and heated seats!

But nothing for foot problems.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Best of luck with the new car!

pamela said...

Where's Anonymous?

Anonymous said...

I'm here...just a little late today and I am NOT going to comment.
SS-I-L