Thursday, January 20, 2011

THE TRUTH!


As I promised yesterday, as far as I can ascertain, the dinner was not so bad, except that I forgot to put in the cream in my Carbanara sauce! My chicken was good enough to eat, my special spinach complimented it, and my carrot cake, my home made from scratch carrot cake, with cream cheese icing with maple syrup was pretty good! There was no trip to the hospital emergency room.

But certain truths must be revealed now. Facts that will shock the world, and reveal the fact that TLW, was once again, playing with my mind!

Being how I don’t bake usually, and I had a very difficult recipe, TLW (The Little Woman) decided to patrol the kitchen while I was creating the cake.

If you remember yesterday the conversation went this way:

TLW: “You have to beat them until they are stiff!”
ME: “Hey, the only thing stiff around here is me, my arm is falling off! How’s that?”
TLW: “NOOO, they have to peeeeak!”
ME: “I’ll peak ya!”

Well, it turns out I could have used an eggbeater!
But TLW, wanted to mess with my mind! I beat that thing not once, but twice! And she knew I could use the eggbeater. But she wanted to see me go crazy! The mother of my children! I wonder what else is going on?

She will pay for this, oh, how she will pay.

You know her reputation for confectionary trickery goes back a while. Last year she made a sponge cake for a friend, a real sponge in the cake, using a sponge! So this doesn’t surprise me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrot cake was delicious. Not
as good as the sponge cake but
at least it was edible. Pat

Anonymous said...

I ended up having 3 carrot cakes for my bday, yours was the best!!
I think it was all that "whisking"
The egg beater would not have cut it. Great job! Lois