Monday, January 31, 2011

UNDER THE WEATHER


I was watching the news the other morning when the weather came on. I watch the news until the paper comes and then I read all the old news, rather than the regurgitated versions from the TV.

It seems to me that the weathermen are taking over the newscasts. TLW (The Little Woman) mentioned it out loud when John Elliot appeared more than once.

“The show seems to center around him.” Said TLW.

“You know, I think the same thing! And he tends to annoy me too. Seems like he is putting on a show for people.” I sometimes think that these weathermen do these little routines to be discovered and have a show of their own.

Then there is another turkey, Dave Price. Now this guy was a source of irritation every morning he went on the air. I like my news and weather without fanfare, jokes and deliveries that they must be rehearsing before they take to the air. There are some reporters I love, Willard Scott, Al Roker, Rich Cimino, all give a good honest report and can do it with a little schtik. Even golden boy Sam Champion gives it straighter than some of these clowns! The music bits, the costumes, the jokes… JUST GIVE ME THE DAMNED WEATHER!

I would love to know how many out there of you think the newsmen are out of hand in their little reports every five seconds or so it seems.

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Don't blame the messengers Joe, they're just dumbing it down for their audiences.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.