Friday, January 21, 2011

THE WANNA-BE BANK AND TRUSS GET TOGETHER


Once a year, we gather together some of the employee’s of the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company for a dinner. Not being a real bank can be hard of the psychic condition of these nice people. Not only are they Wanna-Be’s, but when you enter the bank, be expected to make your transactions in Monopoly money. Any cash on hand is usually being spent on a birthday cake for one of the employees.

The suspects for this unusual gathering run the gauntlet from: The Princess of Foxwoods Points (Patrizia) to Toots II (Lois) the TLW (The Little Woman) look-alike. Sandwiched in between are either mates or friends of the employees.

When you enter the bank, head for either the teller line and ask if anyone can change the $5 chips into quarters for the slot machines that Patrizia runs in the ladies room, or head for the platform where you will find the “old-timers”. Look for Doug, who may seem like he’s busy, but is actually wondering how he ever got involved with rest of the crew under the age of puberty, that service the “Members” or look for Toots II, who will be listening on the phone to me as I tell her our son is not home yet (She even sounds like TLW on the phone!) Then if you are really feeling daring, and want to have something to talk about and maybe tell your grandchildren, there is TLW herself. She will be busy taking all of Lois’ phone calls so Lois can tell TLW what I wanted. This gets confusing if you are me.



Then there is a wonderful couple from Bethpage, who happen to have their citizenship papers and visa to be able to come to Suffolk County to visit. I speak of the Lovely and effervescent Jo-Ellen, and her sidekick, Seth. Both are expecting grandparents once again, and yet are still basking in the first grandchild. (Wait until they reach their teens!)

Bill, Patrizia’s husband, Corrine, Doug’s lovely wife (who tells Doug everything will be all right, once the little buggers he works with are potty trained and can count), and me round out this picture of good time Charlies.

Except for the fact that I forgot to put the cream in my pasta dish, the day was one of such fun and laughter, that it was a perfect blend of the right kinds of people, my kind.

Toots II had a little birthday party with a made from scratch carrot cake, (I did it) plus two other cakes, and the wine flowed.

I’m thinking of expanding this little group next year to include the police.

The Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company has adopted a new motto this year for 2011: "What we lack in membership,we make up for in enemies!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your not supposed to mention
my side job with the slot machines.
If you must know I service them
for TLW and Toots. That's all I
do and I'm sticking to that story.
A good time was had by all. And
the food was yummy. Patrizia

Anonymous said...

Are you named on Toots II's life insurance policies?
ss-i-l