Sunday, January 09, 2011

THE ZOMBIES ARE HERE!


If you think I’m exaggerating, then just check your local mall!

I know: “What is this cranky old man complaining about now?”

The other day I was in my local mall, and as I was leaving an establishment, I started to stop and go as I walked. It seemed I would go a few steps, and have to stop, not because it was crowded, but because of the specter of zombies that is overtaking us all!

These zombies of whom I write, are not your ordinary kind, no they are more likely to come from your own house, or that of your neighbors!

“My God! ZOMBIES IN MY HOUSE!?” Yes, that is so. I’m talking about that little girl you raised about 12 to 18 years ago. What has she done?

SHE WALKS AROUND WITH ONE OF THOSE I-PHONES OR I-PADS OR WHATEVER THE HELL THEY ARE, AND IS SO DRAWN INTO IT THAT SHE DOESN’T KNOW WHERE SHE IS WALKING!!!!!

The guys are still a little behind, as they continue to text and use a cell-phone, but the girls are cutting edge annoying! There index finger is busily swiping up and down or side to side as the screen goes from one image to another, and she is taking baby steps, poking along, oblivious to anyone around her. This means she is stopping in mid-stride, and picking up the pace, then stopping again, without warning, not even a cadence!

Here is the horrific news though: there are hundreds of them in the mall and in the parking lots and in the streets and stores all over America! You can’t go far in public without someone whipping out one of those devices and stroking the window, mesmerized and deeply enraptured by the device.

I remember when women went shopping, went into the store, spent a lot of money and hours, then out she went. I was in on a Thursday, these young ladies look like they were in the mall since Saturday of the past week, just texting, emailing, and surfing the net!

The funny thing is, the establishment I had just left was an Apple store!

New campaign slogan for Apple: Apple, the store where Zombies are made!

No comments: