Thursday, February 17, 2011

LEFT VS. RIGHT

The she/he factor.

Most people are right handed, and most people marry right-handed people! Not me, no way do I do things the easy way. No, TLW (The Little Woman) is a lefty. This has caused some minor complications in her life, as well as mine.



On the political level, she is more left, and I am more right. We do not argue politics, except for when she says: “Your man Reagan”, which is designed to question my choice of politics, and my saying: “That @&^$ Carter” which makes us even.

When it comes to eating, she has to eat on my left, so our arms do not interfere with each other. When we go to weddings or formal dinners, and are seated, she always takes the chair on my left.



School desk with armrests were not made for her, nor were some hand tools. Life is like playing baseball with a right-handed glove on your left hand if you are TLW!

Recently we purchased a new faucet, which has the lever on the side, my right side if I use it. This morning on her way out the door, TLW stood before me and announced:
“That sink is right handed!”
“What?”
“I have to reach over behind me to use the lever! It’s on the wrong side!”
“No it’s not, it is fine the way it is!
I am of the opinion that left-handed people can tend to figure things out if not better, than quicker than right-handed people.

Actually, TLW has me all figured out!

I actually feel like I married a lefty, always trying to think ahead of me. The only saving grace for me is I came from a home with four sisters, so I always needed to have my wits about me!

One thing about TLW, though is that she always leads with her left, so I think I’ll duck out and feign to my right!

No comments: