Friday, April 22, 2011

BE NOT AFRAID


That is my motto in the kitchen lately. I have decided that it is time to throw out the old and invent some new recipes for dinner, which will serve two purposes.

1.) Imaginative new dishes that I can create that taste great and,
2.) Make the dishes low fat and still taste like they aren’t low fat!

I’ve been thinking about all the meals I make, out of my head anyway, meals that are delicious but I don’t record the recipe, and will not remember it the next time I want to make it. This leads me to think maybe I should start planning them on paper first then executing them.

When TLW (The Little Woman) goes for seconds, then I know things are good, and she does that often. I think the reason the meals come out good is because I love to cook, always have and always will. So, why not raise it to another level? Create what I like in a safer fashion, still have taste and use good ingredients.

Mom is still a great cook at 93, my grandmother was a great cook until she died at 97, I think most of my sisters are and so is TLW.

Being a creative spirit, I like a fresh challenge, a new idea, and different way of approaching life, even at this stage of my life. TLW is more traditional, more cautious, but has shown amazing ability to be creative, even though she doesn’t think so. (The last time she showed any creativity, she decided to date a screwball, but she wound up marrying him).

So I will start to develop these ideas on paper, and if they are any good, I will post them here to share with you.

I think that if you have any sense, and you know how to cook to begin with, even a little, you can come up with new ideas. Being afraid to experiment with ingredients and flavors will not hurt you, so go for it, be not afraid!

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Great idea, looking forward to new recipes from Joey D.